Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Something wrong with car i think...Helpp

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Hey guys i have a vr executive 94 and i think there something wrong with it...
a few days ago i went to a mechanic and he changed the crank angle sensor and now the car sounds and feel different can that angle sensor make the car sound different and feel different?....its like a got a sports exhause and i dnt and + when the car is in park i rev it a bit and when it gets to four the car has dis crankling sound.
Thanks
Dragz.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
As for sports exhaust sound I'm not sure [ sounds almost as if one of the mufflers have rusted though ] but for the crankling sound, did you mean crackling sound? might need to edit your post a bit there mate, a little hard to follow.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Yes the CAS will make a difference to how it feels... especially if it was totally shot before.

If you run it up to 4krpm in park... the crackle will most likely be excess fuel landing in the exhaust and detonating. It's entirely possible it was running a little rich with a bung CAS so give it a tank or two to sort itself out and see how it runs then.

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ

ah sweet man thnx ill do that
i was worried there lol:rofl:

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Heh nah.. just remember that anything you do to your car takes about a tank of petrol for the ecu to learn... you begin to stress if its still stuffed then :p

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
:eek:

Hey man i just went outside and turned on the car and i went near the petrol tank when i heard a pssssss where the tank is....like a pissing sound what could that be and is it bad...
but when i turned off the car the pissing went...:b: :cry:

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
is there any fluid under the car?

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
nop it just sound like air...the fuel isnt leaking if thats what u mean..well i cant c that its leaking...ammmm it stays on all time while cars on

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
Dragz said:
Hey man i just went outside and turned on the car and i went near the petrol tank when i heard a pssssss where the tank is....like a pissing sound what could that be and is it bad...
but when i turned off the car the pissing went...:b: :cry:
That will be the fuel pump - it's located inside the fuel tank. It primes itself when you turn the ignition on, and keeps running while the engine is running. The fuel pump will make some noise in standard operation and that is totally normal. But it does get worse as the pump wears, and particularly if it sucks in the crap at the bottom of the fuel tank or even if you get a bad batch of fuel. Eventually the pump will seize (and the car will come to an abrupt halt) but it can take a long time to do that. i.e. In my VS Stato it took 25,000km from the time the noise from the pump got loud until it was on its last legs.

A couple of questions for you: how low do get on fuel before filling up and can you hear the noise in the cabin with the doors closed?

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
Dragz said:
its like a got a sports exhause and i dnt

if ur car is still making a "sports" sound u might hav an exhaust leak along ur exhaust somewhere. get underneath ur car and check for a rusted through holes or cracks