Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

180kw Vs series 3 ?

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
Yes it is the same as the VT Series 1 motor.

P

Pwr-51

Are they any good i thought vts didnt have a good motor in the 8s

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
VS_180 said:
Are they any good i thought vts didnt have a good motor in the 8s

They are just the last of the 5L era, as good as they could get i guess... vts got LS1's too....

P

Pwr-51

Its also had work done to it by hsv but i dont what they changed. On my manual it has a sticker from hsv stating due to modifcations done to the vehicle i can only carry what an ss can carry. But its an s pac. I cant find one like it. VS s111 man v8 ute with hsv enhancement. id like to know what has been done to it. Its like an ss in an s trim.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
VS_180 said:
Its also had work done to it by hsv but i dont what they changed. On my manual it has a sticker from hsv stating due to modifcations done to the vehicle i can only carry what an ss can carry. But its an s pac. I cant find one like it. VS s111 man v8 ute with hsv enhancement. id like to know what has been done to it. Its like an ss in an s trim.
If its the HSV enhanced engine (195i) it has a differnt air intake, extractors and they used a differnt cam.
AirStrike :air:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
VS_180 said:
do the vt motors have roller cams
Yep, they are the roller blocks.
AirStrike :air:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
AirStrike said:
If its the HSV enhanced engine (195i) it has a differnt air intake, extractors and they used a differnt cam.
No they don't use a different cam - only the standard roller cam. In additional to a different air intake and extractors the only other performance mods they have are a remapped chip and a knock sensor (to allow use of standard unleaded without damaging the engine). Plus a number of cosmetic items of course.

P

Pwr-51

well ive got cold air induction and what do they extracors look like?