Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sway Bar Link Mod

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
Dunno if u lads have seen or heard of this b4, Fulcrum fitted this yesterday, they mount the sway bar to the lower control arm instead of to the strut. Does away with the problem of bent link pins n flogged bushes.

Been tryin to solve a knock in the right front n fulcrum just keep rippin me off trying to find the fault. They just keep replacing **** but each time i get the car back the knock is still there..... Ive already done ball joints/lower control arm bushes/swaybar link bushes/swaybar mount bushes/struts/bearing caps/tie rod ends/rack ends/adjusted rack lash pad/pulled the mudflaps off...... Yet the knock is still there!!!

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
yeah I've seen them before, supposed to be a massive improvement over swaybar-strut type links (handling wise anyway) but you could have bought the Z shape links, it'd be cheaper. oh, and they're a whiteline unit. fulcrum are blue, not yellow
another thing to look at is wheel bearings. my only other suggestion is voided by not having conventional link pins, but I'll keep thinking.

can you describe the knock in more detail ie speed, turn, bumps etc

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
Fulcrum supplied the kit and fitted it yesterday.
I really hear it over slight undulating road and also occaisionally when turning left (more weight being put on rhs) its a light knock, i can feel it in the floor as well. Mungral thing it is......

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
Re wheels bearings - how many k's has it done?

May be something entirely different also - have they checked the steering rack and linkages etc?

Is your door closed properly? :p

And is that metal on metal with the new pin? The whole setup looks...strange. I recently installed the nolathane swaybar to strut link (the kinked one). Didn't notice any difference although the car was pretty tightly sprung to start with.

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
front and rear wheel bearings done/front and rear struts done/rear trailing arm bushes done/front lower control arm bushes done/rear sway bar link bushes done/panhard rod bushes done/diff rebuilt/rack ends and tie rod ends done/engine mounts done/exhaust and mounts new..... All 4 doors shut.

Nothing more i can do...... Thats why i was hoping fulcrum could source the fault... been there 3 times now and just keep getting something else replaced. They dont take my advice and test drive the car, they just shake it on there machine.... pricks!

hsvpgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Berlina
correct me if I'm wrong please - you say you've had "rack ends, tie rod ends, lower control arm bushes" etc all done, however when i look at the picture you've posted of the link kit set up that's been done - nothing looks new except the link kit and the struts in the front end.
anyway if it has been done i've seen this before and found the 4 x 18mm k-frame nuts loose. once tightened then all ok. give it a whirl may help.

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
Yeah they are all new, this has been going on over about a 6mth period, of replacing crap...... Ive spent $2500 fixing crap on this car. The diff cost me $455 to rebuild stock just cause the pinon and carrier bearings were U/S. Fulcrum also replaced the LHS tie rod end on sat when i took it in to get this mod done, as they said it was U/S but I questioned that n once they checked there records they found that they replaced it 6 months ago?????? Thats why i reckon there havin a go of me!

K frame bolts mite be worth looking at!