Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight Bulbs

FREESTYLE_MX

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Ute
Hi,
I am in need of a new set of headlight bulbs for my VR. I have done a search, but didnt really find my answer. I`m wondering what the best headlight globes are? I was looking at the Philips blue vision, anyone using these bulbs? Xenon were suppose to be good as well, but not to sure. Also what wattage of bulbs do I buy, H3 60watt??????

Cheers Ash

cunners3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VSII Wagon
Hey u need H4's and the phillips blue visions are a very good globe.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
cunners3 said:
Hey u need H4's and the phillips blue visions are a very good globe.

I'll second that. The Bluevision are an excellent globe, mine have lasted for years, one finally blew last week, so its been replaced with the same again. H4 is the correct size for the main headlights, and the H3 bulb is used for the inboard high beam, and the fog lights found in the Calais Series II, and the SS commodores.

Cheers

FREESTYLE_MX

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Ute
Thanks for the replys. I will get a set of the blue visions.

cheers Ash

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
How hard is it to replace the bulbs in the fog lights?

I'm picking up my calais in the morning (11 hours to go woohoo!) and I'll probably go nuts on new bulbs.. going to supercheap for idler pulley and bulbs for side indicators (clear) anyway and headlights was something i wanted to do in the esteem... the old ones were crappy as.

I'm not big on the bluevisions... told the philips premiums are good and not blue tint.. any truth in this?

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
mattman said:
How hard is it to replace the bulbs in the fog lights?

I'm picking up my calais in the morning (11 hours to go woohoo!) and I'll probably go nuts on new bulbs.. going to supercheap for idler pulley and bulbs for side indicators (clear) anyway and headlights was something i wanted to do in the esteem... the old ones were crappy as.

I'm not big on the bluevisions... told the philips premiums are good and not blue tint.. any truth in this?

From memory, you need to remove the back of the fog light cover, and you will then have access to the globe and its holder. I prefer the white light of the bluevisions, compared to normal halogen bulbs... but it comes down to individual preference I guess. The blue visions are still 60/55 watts, just like normal bulbs, just that they have the white colour.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim