Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine prob

pandacav

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute 3.8 manual
my car makes a tiking sound when cold but goes away when its warmed up. Also tends to chug when u put your foot down like its not happy reving.(changed the coils).:b:

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
lifters most likely, use a thicker oil? or have u serviced the car? either that or its injector noise but u say it goes away when its wamer

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
:eek:

fak me is that a engine problem when its like that...faken my car started doing that about 2 weeks ago...it has a ticking noise and not happy when u rev it...damn it =( im annoyed now...what could it beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
oh btw i have a 94 VR Executive:b: :b: :b: :b: :b:

Blakie

Reaction score
Members Ride
94' VR Exec
sounds like mine.. is it only when its in gear? does it seem to struggle then die down when it changes gear..? also gets louder when i put my foot down, then when it warms up the sound fades away and sopunds better mines a VR Exec too... series 2..

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
mine does the same , every time when i start it ,dosnt like to be revved, onli when its warmed up it revs good, even then it still chokes then revs(sounds like coh vrrrooommm when i rev it in nutral), ive cleaned out tb and plenum , running synthetic oil, new plugs, k&n panel, i no the tiking is my lifters, they just need a good clean which is wat the syn oil will do over time, but this choking is wat i dnt like, i have to let the car warm up a bit b4 driving cold, otherwise it stutters and chokes...any1 rekon it could be fuel reg or leads(look new but). mums vt dont do it and mates vs dont do it either...would like to know also wat the cause of this prob is too.

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
hmm

i dnt think the ticking sound goes away when its warm...and amm the car sounds quite ruff after the guy fitted a new crank angle sensor and it does go good no troubles tho...but i am afraid it might cause some trouble for me...ive allready spent heaps on this car for all the problems it had...but the machanic ripped me off lol o well 1st time not the second time...ill know better not to trust the bitch :p....annyways bought some new spark plugs today will put it in 2morrow and c if its them or something...damn problems:cry:
Dragz.

Blakie

Reaction score
Members Ride
94' VR Exec
mmm mine does it when in gear.. when i rev it sounds fine.. must be to do with the engine trying to push harder or something.. im not sure

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Im sure there are additives made to help fix this problem. Spitfire makes it or someone like that. I personally havent tried it or spoken to anyone that has but I noticed it on the weekend and it made specific reference to quitening lifters. Said something along the lines of:

May be mechanical damage. Run this product through (add to your oil) and if the clicking hasnt gone after x number of hours there is mechanical damage. If the clicking stops its the product working.

Might pick some up tomorrow and run it through. will let you guys know how its goes.

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
my car sorta dies down a bit when you change gears (reverse to drive, etc.) like what Blakie said. the transmission oil is really low in the dip stick, needs an auto service, but i need a kit to bleed it and all. hows your transmission oil level Blakie?