Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flex Plate???

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
03 VYII Clubby M6, 92 Barina With Sunroof :)
hey guys had a problem with my clubby latly had a rattling noise on start up and accelration took it to the mechanics turned out to be in the transmission the Flex Plate was missing teeth or sumthin causeing a shocking noise well anyway $380 later my car is fixed, can somebody please tell me what this does???

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Flexplate

A flexplate (sometimes called a drive plate) performs the same function as a flywheel in a manual car. It transmits power from the engine to the torque converter in the auto transmission. There are teeth around the circumference that interface with the starter motor and allow the engine to turned over and started. Check out the attached picture. The flexplate is the large round thing in the middle.

Last edited:

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
03 VYII Clubby M6, 92 Barina With Sunroof :)
BlackVXGTS said:
A flexplate (sometimes called a drive plate) performs the same function as a flywheel in a manual car. It transmits power from the engine to the torque converter in the auto transmission. There are teeth around the circumference that interface with the starter motor and allow the engine to turned over and started. Check out the attached picture. The flexplate is the large round thing in the middle.

thanks mate you explained it better then the mechanic did.