Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Doesn't want to start....damn it

M

Murmur77

I just replaced the accessory belt (running power steering) ... since then when I start my car - (either first thing in the morning or after work) ...it sounds like it just doesn't want to turn over. Once it's started it turns over OK...ie run to the supermarket after work and jump in. Has anyone had a similar problem or should I be really looking at the starter motor etc. I've checked the terminals to the battery etc and all is fine.
Cheers :unsure:

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I would be giving the battery terminals a good twist and turn and making sure the wiring to the terminal itself and the terminal to the battery are both rock solid. This gets overlooked so often. If you have a multimeter check the voltage when the car is off and when its running. 12ish volts when off and 13.8-low 14's when running. Im sure my starter motor got worse over time. Like started playing up and one day just stopped. Hope that helps.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You mention that you changed the accessory belt running the power steering - maybe you need to check that you put the right belt on in the correct pulleys - the serpentine belt drives alt/waterpump/aircon/power steering + 3 idler pulleys.