Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn owner turned to vr :D questions on ss and calais.

Ygoford

YGOFORD?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
i'm looking at buying a VR no matter what right , now i've had my eyes on the calais v8 everything in it which minimizes my modifcations (bonus) however if i get a ss i can chuck a kit on there without destroying the original look with the bonus stuff , so calais stock with extras like sound system suspenstion , exgaust ,mags or a vr ss with same stuff added except a kit and paint job on top ? anything different what way u guys reakon i should go and why ?

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
i like the calais, but i prefer comfort and luxury

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
ide be in a calais too, nicer drive and can make quite unique, whereas an SS is an SS

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
IMO you'll be more likely to pick up a better Calais than SS... why ??? cause most revheads would buy a sporty SS with all the spoilers before a luxury car.

Both have the same running gear... except the SS will have different springs... for $240 a set of springs cost whoopie doo !

Calais will have better trim, climate air-conditioning, factory CD stacker, better instrumentation... but if you can do without that and like the look of the SS then get that.

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
out of calais and ss, if it was auto id rather have the calais but if you got a T5 VR ss that would be shmick.

Ygoford

YGOFORD?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
cheers guys helps ! so the calais would be more better condition ? im gonna do it off its tit either way just seeing what ppl say bout the seperate models , i originally wanted a calais until i decided v8 then i started looking into the ss well we'll see what happens . cheers guys !

Ygoford

YGOFORD?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
im also looking at getting a manual conversion or a shift kit days after i purchase it ? whats better ? and when buying a v8 what problems do i have to look out for car i want a top class shmik v8 calais here