Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS SS Kit for Acclaim

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
Finally got my 95 VS Acclaim on the go and am looking at a VS SS bodykit or something similar, the VT/VX Clubby kits are awesome but looking for more subtlety. Any suggestions on where to look for an SS Kit unpainted? I'm fresh into this modifying game so any suggestions will be helpful. Also I have a moral dilemma, Black or Clear tail lights, im thinking black as my car is Dark Green and the clearies are a bit to "woggish" (no offence)...any thoughts...

Last edited:

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
if u are from sydney theres plenty of places but mostly look around at custom repair stores or even on the internet

_Mukas_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
im a melbourne boy, so wreckers looks alright

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
um, www.spoilerfactory.com is good (vx CLUBBY kits for $1300 not sprayed, take $300 of if you dont want the wing). yeh im gettin the black taillights for myn to, looks sweat! the black ones suit dark cars beter and the clear/chrome ones suit white commys. also look on ebay for the tail lights cause you'l save yourself big $$$.
happy hunting...

_Mukas_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
96vscommodore, you seem to know a bit when it comes to mods or at least where one can get em from. im also looking at getting a k&n pod filter and 2" straight thru exhaust... can get hands on a filter no worries, but one of my mates managed to pick up a 2" straight thru for somewhere round the $300-$400 mark brand new, is this average pricing, did he get a good deal or ripped off? ide rather hear advice from people who care about the car, not the money grabbers.

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
umm, myn cost $650 but that was with extractors and a few utha peices. My mate just got one put in and it cost him $330 for exhaust plus chrome tip. so yeh any where between 300-400 is an average price (note: if you get a catback itl b more same as if you get bigger brand names).
hope this helps.

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
S/SS skirts are a bitch to put on, we had some problems, doesn't look 100% but I'll live with it, had to also use sikaflex on the side skirts.

_Mukas_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
mite give the ss kit a miss then, ive spoken to a local guy from my area and he said, not only are they difficult to fit, they're a pain in the arse and pretty expensive to get a hold of, ive had a look around but will probly move toward a vt/vx clubby kit (no wing, i reckon they look tacky on vr/s)

Blakie

Reaction score
Members Ride
94' VR Exec
my cat back 2.5" straight through was $280 plus chrome tip thrown in.. u can get it decent for fairly cheap i think extractors are the bitch.. :p

el-guanaco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Supercharged
i got my 2 1/2' catback for $240 add another $90 for a crome dual tip.