Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

central locking problems - vs berlina

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
as the title says. when lock is pressed on the key, the two drivers side doors lock, however the two passenger side doors remain unlocked, and about 2 seconds after pressing the button, the car beeps. the only way to get them down is to manually push them down, and exit the car, then press the lock button. they all go up fine, and it's just a thing that's happened today. anyone ever had this before?
Peter.

cacaman

Red is Faster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Acclaim
ive actualy had that problem in my car which is a vr acclaim it happened outta nowhere and anoyed the **** outta me so i played around with it and i was sucsesfull so this is what i done:

locked down all the doors then dead lock the car, tried lifting up the back passenger doors since they down lift at all when dead locked i thought mayed i'd play with it a bit it'll move the mechanism around. I done that and it fixed one side but the other remained, the same technique didnt work. So i tired another technique i locked all the doors and then unlocked all of them while holding my thumb over the lock of the door that didnt work, so the lock wouldent lift up kept doing it outta anger. That worked but then later on that same door kept playing up agian i had to go out and i took the car for a drive for about 30 mins then everything was ok. Like i said it annoyed the **** outta me but it worked not sure about the vs because their dead lock system if different.

bignasty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS BT1
I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. The motor wasn't strong enough to pull the locks down, but strong enough to push them up.
Just take the door trims off, and the c/l motors are tightly hidden on the right hand side. I used some WD40 and contact cleaner and gave it a good clean and that fixed it. Just hope that solves the problem cause the motors where they are located seems like a really hard spot to remove. Good luck

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
well, you see when you press the lock button, the locks go down a few centimetres (prolly a quarter of the way down) on the passenger side, but i'm definitely gonna try what you said bignasty.
Peter

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
My back doors do it (both sides - only ever one side at a time though). I spray a bit of wd40 or silicon spray down around the push button (where you press to lock it) and it seems to work properly for another year.

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series II
Just another note, which could be irrelevent, but double check the little red snippet that holds the button onto the lock shaft from the actuator, if it's proturding it could be catching and the actuator may not have enough power to pull it down.

VSBerlina95

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VS Berlina
Ive had this problem heaps of times in mine, its mostly the rear drivers door that does it but sometimes the drivers door does it as well.
I've managed to fix it by fot the back one spraying some WD40 and a tiny bit of supa glue in behind the red indicator thingy. Because on the drivers door its that that used to move away and the lock would get caught and the motor couldn't pull it down. Bit of supaglue fixed that too!

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
um well yea, the funny thing is that i went to lock it this arve, and it worked. the previous owner mentioned that it was an intermittent problem, so it's just gone away now. i don't know what to make of it, all i did was push the passenger side doors down and press the lock button (that's the only way it locked), and left it like that all day. stange, but anyway if it happens again i may have to get some WD40 on to it. Thanks,
Peter.

JcB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais Series II
I'm glad i read the forums... had the exact same problem, rear drivers side door not locking properly. I pulled the door trim off (taking note of the orange snippet removal trick) removed the entire lock mechanism. I CRCed the metal workings and made sure they were working free. I think time and dirt made the inner workings all gunk up and become stiff and the actuator was not powerful enough to combat the dirt. Reassembled, made sure linkages were free of the plastic water guard (mine was rubbing gently on it, but made no difference after the metal workings were CRCed) - Now works perfect. Now to move on to another of my VS problems... aircon