Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

broken odometer

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
i noticed that kopper69 had a post in the how-to section on how to repair a broken odometer. i need to fix it for my parents car, as they're selling it. if any one can point me in the direction of where the how-to that kopper69 originally posted that would be great. Thanks,
Peter.

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
u could just go to a wreckers and pull out the whole dash cluster, if u do that u can find one with lower kms and u might get more value out of ur car

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
theirs has only 164,000 on it for a '94 model, and that aint bad. but chris sent me a message that had the link, thanks anyway.
Peter.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Repairing the odometer costs a mere $11. You would never pick one up from the wreakers at that price. I understand that the kms on a car can be checked now, as it is recorded when the car is sold at a car yard, through something like a revs cert, or some website similar. If I found out the car had less kms than its last recorded figure, I would consider it tampered with and expect the seller to be hiding something. I wouldnt buy the car. Wont apply to many cases but still something to consider.

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
meh, it's a one owner vehicle, so that would never have been recorded anywhere before. we don't get holden to service it either, dad services it himself. so i'm not worried the least about that. how much did you say it cost you, something like $40?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Kopper69 - where do you get the little gearwheel from for $11? Thanks.