Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP!!! no idea!!!

• Thread starter charged6_vsacclaim
  • Start date
C

charged6_vsacclaim

yesterday coming home from work i noticed the oil light came on but it only came on when i depressed the brake pedal hard then it went. so that night i checked the oil levels and they were fine it was full so i didnt worry about it. then today i started my 95 vs acclaim ready to leave work i noticed the engine light stayed on a bit longer than usual. the car was idling too high at 1500 revs it only sits just above 1000 revs when the car is cold. i had to get home so i drove it anyway i noticed that the gears werent changing correctly like from 1st to 2nd changed at 3000rpm and 2nd to 3rd changed at just over 4000rpm. i couldnt work out wat it was so i decided to see my mechanic mate so when i started the car again it was fine. i have no idea wat the problem is. could it be something to do with the ecu? any help would be greatly appreciated.

C

charged6_vsacclaim

it only happens when the car is cold i spoke to a mechanic and he said that the throttle body could have a carbon build up in it that could be affecting the automatic choke. is this possible? i am going to do a throttle body clean on it tonight i will do a diagnostics tests while im there.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Definatly do your own error code check. Dont rush off to pay someone to do something so simple for you. An error code should start you in the right direction and we might be able to help you out and save you some $. Thats the purpose of this site.