Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stiff Brake

Smack_SPAK

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Spak
hey guys, im finding in the morning when i go to work in the morning that my brake pads seem to be rubbing against my rotor? The brake pedal itself is very stiff and I can push it in maybe 10cm before pressure is applied. But this only happens in the morning when its cold, because by the time i leave work at night its fine. I have ABS, i haven't physically had a look at my brakes yet cos i'll have to wait till the weekend. just wondering if anyone has ever had this problem?

Daza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Stiff brake pedal first couple of uses of the day is normally the brake pads warming up. Some pads are a lot worse than others. I could also be a caliper problem? If it was a wheel bearing it would be apparent all the time. I dont know about the ABS thing never had one in bits.
One thing to check first thing in the morning before you have started your car is the Brake booster/check valve may have a vaccum leak. Just take the hose out of the booster and see if it still keeps a vaccum inside, if not this may explain the stiff brake pedal first stop.