Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

windows go up after car turned off?

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
has anyone got one of those modules to autoshut the electric windows when the ignition is turned off, fitted.
I've seen em advertised ages ago and heard about them but am interested if anyone has used one with success? or if there are any forums around this issue.
:hit:

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
yea i've definitely seen it done before, a guy came and parked beside me in a shopping centre, left his car and when he pressed the lock button on the key, the windows went up. about 5 minutes later, the car starts itself up with the indicators flashing, 30 seconds later he walked across, unlocked it and drove away. so it definitely can be done.

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
yea i know i was like shotgun that chip, it was sweet. i think it was like a vp clubsport or seomthing, he had a set of VYSS rims on it so it looked alright too.

C

charged6_vsacclaim

yeah iv seen it done b4 aswell. it looks so good. and the guy that owned the car didnt have one bit of excitement in his eyes. i know id be smiling every time i did it.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Some alarms have it built in...

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
that's the same setup i have on my car...its a viper pager alarm which has a remote start feature and optional stuff like the window control module.
ive only got a fairly basic one without all the extra "add on" features like the proximity sensor or window motion sensors...ive just got the remote start, window module and normal internal motion sensors (with obviously an immobiliser and alarm)...
they aint cheap either, im just lucky my brother installs these things and he got me one cheap.
took him almost 5hrs just to install (and thats for a pro...god knows how long someone who doesnt know what they're doing would take).
i havent had any dramas with it, and its good too because it has a 1/4 mile response range...so you can have constant communication with your car (if someone were to trigger the alarm, the remote would notify my and show the area of the car thats been touched)
about the only down side is the quickness that it goes through the remote batteries...one every two to three months. (because its working all the time to receive messages from the car).
worth the money i think if you've got a nice car that might get that unwanted attention.