Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting pacemakers!

hotrod32

Reaction score
Website
www.notdadzkustoms.cjb.net
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
Removing pacemakers!

Can anyone here tell me how difficult it is to take orignal manifolds off an ecotech and fit paceys, or vice vercer. My car is being worked on atm, see thread: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=32278 and i think im being over charged one of the things that the mechanic told me was that taking my extractors off took longer then taking off a standard set and required more labor to be added to the cost. Would this be true?

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Skamski...

6 in one half a dozen in the other. there should be no difference taking one off as against the other. I think they are taking you for a ride there mate.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
When you think about it they are pretty much the same thing so there should be no price increase. I would confront the guy about it, not in a rude way if they still have your car (you dont know what they will do to it) and tell him your not an idiot and you dont want to be taken for a ride. Remember he will want you to keep coming back, just dont let him keep doing it.

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
wtf thats bs headers are headers still the same amount of blots to undo, plus i reckon the standard set would be harder to take off as they wounldnt of been touched in 11 years

C

charged6_vsacclaim

if thats the way you feel then i'd tell him now that he'd better not be charging any extra because like berlinaIIvs stated that ther is the same amount of bolts to undo and they are in the same position as the standard headers.

NeilB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice
Some Headers need steering parts disconected to fit them, I know my Pacemakers for the VS 5.0L need the steering arms on the left side disconnected to be able to get then into the engine bay. With Headers you have got to allow for the extra length and most places fit them from underneath the car. To be fair to your guy I would ask him why the difference and what extra work was needed to fit them.

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
NeilB said:
Some Headers need steering parts disconected to fit them, I know my Pacemakers for the VS 5.0L need the steering arms on the left side disconnected to be able to get then into the engine bay. With Headers you have got to allow for the extra length and most places fit them from underneath the car. To be fair to your guy I would ask him why the difference and what extra work was needed to fit them.

We had to do the same for my VR V6, drop the rack on the drivers side - so I would probably think the VS is the same. It is a bit of fiddling around to fit them. We did mine when we change the engine.

R

RevHead1313

How much has he told you its goin to cost??? I can get a set of pacey's installed on my VS V6 for under $650