Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

advice/help with bodykit

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
i have purchased a vy clubsport conversion bodykit to fit my vr commodore. a couple of days ago i put on the back and sides to see if there would be problems with fitting before i painted it. the back fits perfect, but the sides need to be modified to go on the car. they dont fit in the gap between the door and the original skirt. has anyone had the same problems with this kit or would i be better off just getting the pros to do it. one place quoted $1600 as there worst case scenario to paint and fit the kit. is this price good?

if it helps the kit is made of fibreglass. and also has anyone actually put this kit on a vr/vs? is so can u post up some pics so i get a glimpse of what it's going to look like on my car. i am 16 yrs old so money doesnt come easy. ive been working for years just to buy the car and the bodykit. it will be at least 4 months before i have the $1600 that the panelbeater/painter guy wants.

thanks for all advice or pics in advance

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
$1600's not too bad.....
to mod the skirts u will have to cut and re-glass. this can be hard to get smooth again. Getting a pro to do it is a good idea as you know it will be done well. I dont know anyone in good kal, but if your up in perth a place called Fletchers Malaga Smash Repair in malaga do very good work, they are fitting a VY kit to my VT at the moment and it looks great. That is costing me just over $2000 including $800 worth of front and rear bumpers (replacing my old damaged ones)
Hope this helps...

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
Yeh i know the place i used to live in perth a couple of years ago. i might see if i can get down to perth then. once the kit goes on can u post um some pics? ive never seen the kit on a vt i rekon it would look sik!

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Yer sure ill post some when i get it back, should b next week sometime..... I hope....

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
sorry mate, said i would have my pics up, but they are taking thier sweet time with my car.

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
well at least u dont have to wait as long as me. im still saving my money so i can get the kit put on. its taking me ages. ive only got $300 so far... oh well i guess its a start.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
i think $300 will buy the paint for 1 side skirt.

another Q, are you putting a wing on aswell?

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
nah no wing. didnt come with the kit. just going low rider style.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Good work, im just getting mine removed. (see pic)

this was it before i got rear-ended. its the only pic i have of my car.....

Last edited: