Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Modded memcal chips

J

JTW008

Been looking at some reprogrammed memcal chips on ebay, selling for around the $150 mark. They claim 155+kw. Anyone know about the risks and wether or not they could be dodgy? $150 beats the hell out of powerchip, but i don't want to screw my ecu, or even just get stuck with a shitty chip after trading in mine?

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
From what I've heard the best way is to get a customizable memcal and take it to a reputable dyno place to have them set it up, that way it can be configured to run specificly for your car, also note that chances are their figure is an "UP TO 155+kw"

J

JTW008

Thanks for the advice man. What sort of price am i looking at for the proper analysis on a dyno, and chip?

Mr Squiggle

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rocket
900 bucks isn't uncommon, total waste of money on a VS V6 for a power increase you wont even to be able to feel. If you really want to go faster, put the 900 towards a faster car

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
for recalibration and a few power runs I was quoted $660 by EFI dynamics.... For the power you'll gain on a stock motor, $660 is not worth it by any means.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
mail order tune for about $250 is good bang for your buck
you will definitely notice it even on a stock car

Rob

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Doctor bob is definatly the man I would be talking to about it. Hes the resident chip expert as far as Im concerned.