Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

changing cluster

Phoenix21

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR Stato, 2003 VY SS, 2017 VF SV6
hey all i brought a cluster for my car and i was woundering if i'll be able to change it with out a problem here are two pics one if of the 1 i got at the moment and the other is the 1 i broght

In the car
DSCN1254.jpg

and the 1 i broght
DSCN1253.jpg

kirkson

Captain
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr v6 exec duel fuel
Yes mate your original one is a vn one and the new one is from a vr, as far as I know it will just slot right on as I understand the wireing looms and plugs are the same. Just try it and see it is easy enough to do and if it dosn't work ( whitch is unlikley ) then just change it back. regards Kirk

Phoenix21

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR Stato, 2003 VY SS, 2017 VF SV6
um ok i just took the car for a drive to test out the speedo and it seems to take longer to get up to the speed the cars doin like with the old cluser as soon as i hit the pedal the speedo would go up i took of down the street and the speedo was reading 0 the it went up is there anyway to fix this i really don't wat to buy another 1 thanks

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
just me or is it idling high??

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Phoenix21 said:
um ok i just took the car for a drive to test out the speedo and it seems to take longer to get up to the speed the cars doin like with the old cluser as soon as i hit the pedal the speedo would go up i took of down the street and the speedo was reading 0 the it went up is there anyway to fix this i really don't wat to buy another 1 thanks

Try taking it out and cleaning the contacts in harness in the back of the dash. Just use some metho on a cotton but or similar.
Do the same to the back of the cluster while it is out, it fixed mine

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
stocky said:
but everyone says that you cant put VR/VS dashes into a VN/VP and vice-versa?

I thought it was only with the level 3 cluster but i could be wrong...

also u might want to take the needles off and give them a clean, sometimes they are pusehd on too far and rub against the black abcking making it hard for them to move....