Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

key question

Jazack

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VN SS
hey all.

for those of you who may not read the stolen section, my car was stolen and i got it back.

the question is... does anyone know how i would go about replacing my locks in brisbane?

the guys who stole my car obviously still have my keys so i need to do something about the door locks & the keyless entry. any advice or details of people who can do it would be appreciated.

also, does anyone know how to / or how much it would cost to convert a car to 'push-button start'.

Cheers,

Jazack.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
There must be a wreckers there somewhere. If you buy the door lock, ignition lock,boot lock, the body control module from the same car along with the keys and remote you can do the job yourself. The bcm controls the keyless entry(among other things) so you wont have to get the key recoded to match your bcm if you replace it.
This can all be done by a person without much mechanical experience. A haymes manual will have all the info you need or you could probably get the info on line.

C

charged6_vsacclaim

look into the viper pager alarm it has the push to start feature windows go up automatically when car is armed immobilisor motion sensors inside car and a pager so that if your car is being tampered with you know and aslo tells you what part of the car is being tampered with. and lots more. only downside is that its pricey.