Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG or Injected Gas for VS Wagon

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
Hi guys

im just visiting from the VN / VP forum today - my Dad has a VS Esteem Wagon

currently he averages about 600km/week and about 14L/100km. obviously gas is a pretty affordable option with those figures

has anyone got any experience in terms of which brands are better, what price to look at, and who should do it? (in Sydney by the way)

i've used the search to look before, and it seems everyone is a bit undecided on the affects on the longevity of the car (but then again we come back to the cabs who do nearly 1,000,000km without doing a head gasket) - anyone have any bad experiences? what would you do in the future?

and finally, a mate of mine with a VT was talking up this gas injection thing. apparently uses the same amount of fuel as normal LPG instead of petrol, but gives MORE power? now me, i think that sounds like BS. but thats just me. Anyone heard of it?

Thanks guys

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
14 lit/100 kms is not good, my VS wagon gets mid 7's on extended driving and around 10-11 around town driven slowly or at the speed limit.
Before spending heaps on conversions I would be tuning up the car first to see if the fuel use can be lowered.
Tuning it up, changing driving habits all help, stop start city traffic is always bad for good mileage, but if that is lowered to close on 11 lit/100 that may save ya $14 per 600 kms, should the reports be correct that fuel will be $2.00 by Xmas it will save ya even more.
Sure fuel is exe, I heard someone on tv whining about paying $1.30, LOL the stuff here is at $1.45+ now, and considering it's been well over $1.30 for ages if ya need it there is no choice, the pay TV had to go in order to budget, either that or walk.
If it matters I have never trusted LPG, having seen too many explode due to leaks or damage in small accidents, and while many do use it with no problems, taxis etc it's not for me but there are many places that do LPG conversions, use the yellow pages in your area.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
digisol said:
14 lit/100 kms is not good, my VS wagon gets mid 7's on extended driving and around 10-11 around town driven slowly or at the speed limit.
Before spending heaps on conversions I would be tuning up the car first to see if the fuel use can be lowered.
Tuning it up, changing driving habits all help, stop start city traffic is always bad for good mileage, but if that is lowered to close on 11 lit/100 that may save ya $14 per 600 kms, should the reports be correct that fuel will be $2.00 by Xmas it will save ya even more.
Sure fuel is exe, I heard someone on tv whining about paying $1.30, LOL the stuff here is at $1.45+ now, and considering it's been well over $1.30 for ages if ya need it there is no choice, the pay TV had to go in order to budget, either that or walk.
If it matters I have never trusted LPG, having seen too many explode due to leaks or damage in small accidents, and while many do use it with no problems, taxis etc it's not for me but there are many places that do LPG conversions, use the yellow pages in your area.

Woooow brother..Can u back this "BLOW-UP" claim with anything concrete???Simple yes or no will do.If's and but's etc. not accepted.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Read hozy's my ride thread :) didn't blow up but small under-bonnet fire.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
VT_Acclm said:
Woooow brother..Can u back this "BLOW-UP" claim with anything concrete???Simple yes or no will do.If's and but's etc. not accepted.

I've seen a van totally burnt out from being hit up the arse... driver didn't stand a chance...he was incinerated... but they say LPG is safer than petrol cause they gas is held in carbon steel tanks with walls 3mm thick and they have saftey shut off valves if a line is severed...

There are alot of dodgey back yard (unqualified fitting) of gas conversions out there... that van may have been one of them.