Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

should you get your injectors cleaned

greatone

vuss
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
i have vs clubsport done 128000kms i guy i know has vs stato had done 110000kms and he got his injectors cleaned droped his fuel gave abit of power bak.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Just my opinion but for around $10 I'd be putting a bottle of injector cleaner into the tank - most dealers automatically put this in every warranty service. It can work, however if you are having no problems why consider getting your injectors cleaned at all.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
i agree with hako..there's no sense fixing what aint broke, running good fuel and an injector cleaner ever 1000ks will keep em nice and clean.

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
Sorry fellas, I disagree. I had my injectors cleaned and I noticed better throttle response straight away. One had to be replace as they could not clean it satisfactory and my car has only done 147k. If you have the cash I would get them cleaned properly, a $10 bottle of injector cleaner is a only temporary fix. I soon all adds up.

V

vnberlwagon

Personally, I would get a full fuel system de-carb, cleans fuel lines, injectors, throttlebody etc..

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
mmmm im thinking of doing something like that aswell. i was tlking to a mate the other day and he said if u let ur tank run below 1/4 full on a regular basis then all the crap from the bottom of the tank gets sucked up and can stuff up the injectors. i though that was a bit strange caus the fuel pickup pipe is located near the bottom of the tank anyway as far as i know. but yea he also said that if your injectors are shot then fuel consumption is not very good, and mine is shocking. i drove around 80km's the other night and used up a third of my tank.something is obviously not right there. any ideas?

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
how much have people paid for injector cleans? i have a bottle of injector cleaner, but i don't think that is going to be enough.

noah_73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon
Workshops wouldn't be paying $7,000 and up for an injector cleaner if a $10 bottle of chemicals is going to do the same job.
Secondly, an injector clean is going to fix the long term build up of muck and grime on the injector nozzles, the vast majority of the time nobody would notice it happen as it quite some time for it to happen. Once a clean set of injectors have been fitted, it is then that you will notice how dirty they may have been.

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
$110 is minimum that you would pay to have six injectors ultrasonic cleaned. The new injector cost $62 and I had my fuel lines cleaned and new seal/pintle set as well, so it ended up costing a bit over $250

Last edited:

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
Yeh the place I was thinking about getting done i think quoted about 220 or so, that was the injectors cleaned, fuel lines, throttle body, some additive into the tank n other stuff, i dunno.