Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much a service gunna cost me?

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VS S Pack
I've got a VS S pack, and i bought it about 1 month ago, its awesome and i love it, only problem is money is tight for me so i wa wondering how much a service will set me back, i know it needs doing.

I know that it all depends what needs doing etc etc, but a rough estimate would be great, I do know that my dad said something needed doing definitely, but i forgot what he said, something about a filter? or air intake??

Thanks for all estimates and help, you guys are awsesome!

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Major Full Service is what $139 somehting like that....depends on where you go...but i wouldn't pay anymore for JUST a MAJOR service...

aZk.

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
azkwazere said:
Major Full Service is what $139 somehting like that....depends on where you go...but i wouldn't pay anymore for JUST a MAJOR service...

aZk.

are you serious? i thought it was much more! wow

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok...thats just the things like filters etc..what ever they usually change in a major service...if they find toher things the tab will grow..but....yeh..air filters, oil filters etc are all done with a Major Service..

aZk....whats a hotdog?

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
azkwazere said:
ok...thats just the things like filters etc..what ever they usually change in a major service...if they find toher things the tab will grow..but....yeh..air filters, oil filters etc are all done with a Major Service..

aZk....whats a hotdog?

lol a hotdog? like a sausage in a long bun with sauce n ****?

Anyway, went through all the recent services, some ranged from $130-$390 :S

also, wtf is Walker, i got a Walker receit that says

Al5-5473 VS V6 Sedan IRS INT (numbers)
VS V6 SEDN IRS REAR (numbers)
C11
CLAMP C11 (60) 2.3/8 INCH OD.

I have no idea lol, total receit was $146

R

RevHead1313

Walker is an exhaust manufacture, much like lukey, that reciept is for a Intermediate Muffler and a Rear muffler

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
RevHead1313 said:
Walker is an exhaust manufacture, much like lukey, that reciept is for a Intermediate Muffler and a Rear muffler

Thanks bro, what do those two mufflers do? lol

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
make your exhaust sound POLICE friendly...lol..ever heard a chopper with straight pipes?...mmmm thats a note!

MUFFLE (to) MUFFLER ... ie a device designed to muffle a sound...in this case internal combustion!!

aZk.

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
azkwazere said:
make your exhaust sound POLICE friendly...lol..ever heard a chopper with straight pipes?...mmmm thats a note!

MUFFLE (to) MUFFLER ... ie a device designed to muffle a sound...in this case internal combustion!!

aZk.

so ur sayin who ever had my car b4 me, has fuked the loudness in the exahust? and i have to get it re-done or wtf ? :|!

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
The noise an engine makes is really loud...its little explosions...think about it. The unusable gasseses go from the engine into the CAT then into one muffler then into another and out the back. They use to i guess becasue 2 smaller are easier to manager than one big....so go figure... mufflers die, so do the surrounding welds..etc etc.. you should have 2 mufflers...if you dont then you've got a modded exhaust.

aZk.