Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aircon Fan Fault...

A

Attakarrak

Hey can anyone help me???

I have a VS Commodore and I have a problem with my aircon fan.
Monday it worked, Tuesday it didnt, Wednesday it did, now it hasnt worked for the past few days,
what is causing this? when I select a speed it does not do anything although my aircon compressor still works but no air comes out.

Plz help me out
thanx Danny...

grigor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive, R31, R33
air con fan

Resistor pack up behind the plastic panel at the wipers. About $50 from Holden, although they're made in China now.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Mate ive worked on mine and repaired basically the whole thing back to front so I will be able to help you out. Now this is a thread i made on the fan speed resistor, which is a bit of a common fault.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=20644&highlight=fan+speed

However you say the fan does work sometimes. Does it work on all speeds? If certain speeds fail then it is the fan speed resistor.

This thread may help you out too, also by me:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=22287&highlight=fan+speed

Perhaps your ignition relay is on its way out causing the fan not to work. Now is the fan working?? The air con wont work unless the fan is working.

If you cant get it working let me know and I will go through it with you part by part. There isnt too much too it, so you just check that each part is working and go from there.

Let me know.

A

Attakarrak

Hey mate, my fan works on all speeds so it must not be the resistor and yea it is working at the moment, some days it works like normal and other days it does not work at all.