Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Gen III In vs?

HIROLLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII CAPRICE
Hi guys im wondering if a gen 3 ls1 will fit in a vs statesman? Also would the box be compatible? Prob not how much would a box cost roughly?

Cheers

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
its been done before, so i see no reason why a LS1 wouldnt transplant into a vs....the 4L60E was used on the LS1's for a while, not certain whether it would bolt straight up into the vs...but the 'box is the same.

A

aleks17

vs gen 3

VSRUMBLE said:
Hi guys im wondering if a gen 3 ls1 will fit in a vs statesman? Also would the box be compatible? Prob not how much would a box cost roughly?

Cheers
try seeing one of those engine convertors they shold know or see a performance mechanic check whith them if they have done any vs commodores whith an ls1 or ask if it would fit but from my poin i think it will fit cos the the vr gts-r whith a 5.7 litter but im not sure if it is a 5.7 gen 3 ls1
u migth need to make a few brackets.

A

aleks17

vs gen 3

VSRUMBLE said:

Cheers
try seeing one of those engine convertors they shold know or see a performance mechanic check whith them if they have done any vs commodores whith an ls1 or ask if it would fit but from my poin i think it will fit becose the the vr gts-r whith a 5.7 litter becuse the are the same shell just diferent model to a vs the engine bay is big enogh but im not sure if it is a 5.7 gen 3 ls1 u migth need to make a few brackets.