Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

???Questions on matenince and things to look out for on a v8???

Ygoford

YGOFORD?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
what kind of matenince am i looking at for keeping a v8 running good , im not a rev head and would rarley drive the thing , im looking at purchasing a v8 rather soon and have decided on a vr calais , ss or something along the lines of vt hsv etc . what has to be done to maintain the car and what kind of things should i look out for when looking to buy a v8 ? . cheers guys

GROWLZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV Clubsport
IF you buy a V8 the main things to look out 4 is serious tyre wear at the rear tyres..My clubby does it alot ....:driving: Nah serious, its the same as ne car, oil,water,coolant, etc etc..

Ygoford

YGOFORD?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
cheers , i've herd of like hsv mechanics or some **** so i thought that u had to taske it to them etc but to my normal mechanic should be ok yeh ?

Ygoford

YGOFORD?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
whats a good clubsport to get ? i was looking at a vt clubsport which wasnt bad but my budget is limited but i'd like a clubby what is the best model to get do u think ? and out of affordable which is the best?

GROWLZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV Clubsport
If you are going to buy a V8 or calias or HSV, the main things to look out for are: Rust, body damage and mechanical running gear, if they all pass the test check the kms on the car and most importantly take the thing for a drive and i mean DRIVE. Also it could be worth running a REVS check to ensure it hasn't been in an accident or has any money owing on it. www.revs.com.au -encumberant vehicles. Well the last bit of advise is shop around, don't buy the first thing you see, and i couldn't tell you what to buy cause i dont know your budget..Look for value for money EG: klms v's condition and a S pack V8 2002 model would be cheaper then say a 1999 model clubsport...etc etc

Ygoford

YGOFORD?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
looking at spending 10-15,000max i seen a vt that had been garaged its whole life 1997 model i think ? really nice tho but i dunno all i know is i want a v8 and i'd love a clubby but i dunno i just need suggestions and opinions

PHAT308

RIDEMHARDSENDEMHOMESORE:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais
any1 wanna swap a 5spd man vr/vs for a stage2 trans with b&m megashifter

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Why dig up an old thread?? There is a parts /swap section on this forum

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Why dig up an old thread?? There is a parts /swap section on this forum

Because he doesn't have enough posts or been a member for long enough.