Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my tail lights

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VS S Pack
The taillights on my VS have faded somewhat, especially the boot lights, so in the day and night when i break or have my lights on, they appear more whitish then red..is it the globes or the lights?

If i tinted the taillights darker again, would they appear red again when breaking, not a whitish colour?

Or should i buy red globes :S

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
It is the lens not the bulb. Fades over time with the sun and everything. You can buy a new set off ebay for around $100 (I did, think they were second hand, but very good condition and look nice and red again). Alternatively you can paint the lens red again using glass paint. After I took my old set out I saw a thread on here where someone else recommended it (you might be able to find it if you search). Basically I got the spray paint at bunnings (just red glass paint) and some masking tape. Covered the parts that are clear and just painted the red. Actually turned out really nice providing you take your time. Nice dark red too.

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
My friend did this to his. The glass paint worked well (brand is 'White Knight'), but goes dull and scratches fairly easily - maybe a clear coat would help with this?

vrbenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 BERLINA MANUAL.
Try putting red globes in. This helps a lot at night, they look like new. It makes no difference whatsoever during the day though.

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VS S Pack
vrbenno said:
Try putting red globes in. This helps a lot at night, they look like new. It makes no difference whatsoever during the day though.

yeah, was thinking of doing that, nights the only problem

craigy09

Reaction score
well my old taillights were faded aswell. All i did was get some glasspaint for around $5 and sprayed the insides of the lights and they look brandnew. Just be careful thought because if you move it while the piants still wet it can leak into the other parts of the taillights lol.