Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing windscreen

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
Help!!
I have just found a small rust hole on the R/H lower side where the windscreen is glued to. I want to remove the windscreen to check out the extent of the damage and repair as necessary. Has anybody got any tips for me ? i'm a noob when it comes to rust repair and windscreen removal so any suggestions/hints would be greatly appreciated

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
The windscreen is "glued" to the body with an adhesive similar to Sikaflex and actually adds to the rigidity of the body....to remove and refit the windscreen by yourself is just out of the question.(sorry) - if its just under the rubber seal and not between the glass and the body then maybe you can stop the rust with something like fishoilene and fill it with bog and touchup the paint.

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
Ok, thanks for that. I don't know the extent of the rust so I think it's time to book it in at my local body shop. Better than my windscreen falling out in a few years and/or constant water leaks !

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You can have a brand new windscreen fitted for under $200 - this would be the time to attack the rust.

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
Two feet placed on the inside of the screen and a good strong push will remove any screen front or back.

Putting em back is a little slower, best thing is to pay an expert to do it, heaps simpler and much faster.