Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercat vs Lukey

DIABLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 5.7ltr
Hey Members,

8months ago i decided to go the whole way with a new exhaust. Fitted Pacemakers onto my VR S pac... also ran std cat with a 2.5" Supercat muffler and supercat hotdog... ran the car 15% beter overall.

for 8 months it seemed to drone a lot and many ppl were saying the car barked in the higher revs... I got sick of it finally and swapped to a Lukey Ultra FLow with the same pipes and hotdog.

The difference is Phenomenal.

The exhaust guy.. (Joe at Carline Mufflers Kilkenny).. mentioned that even tho the lukey is a smaller muffler.. the glass packing inside reduces drone much more then the supercat. There also seems to have a nicer idle note and theres no barking in the top revs at all. My mate ran the same supercat in his Vt with NO hotdog and it didnt bark so i guess its the older Buik motor that needs the quiter mufflers to make the right note.

There seems to be nicer pedal feel and more backpressure throuh this new muffler.

Id say to VN to VR owners to say away from supercat unless you want a real loud barking sound which doesnt suite every 1.

Cheers

Chef Diablo

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
i told you the muffler was a pos! Lukey great bloke tho... Vr sounds nice good work the diablo VR!