Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rubber strips around car

Blakie

Reaction score
Members Ride
94' VR Exec
Hey guys sorry didnt know what to call them.. but the rubber strip around my car is fairly cracked and isnt looking too good, i can pull some of it off fairly easily this doesnt seem like much of an issue. When i bought the car it had one door with a silver metal strip instead and looks alot better, i was wondering if anyone knows where this can be bought and price etc.. help would be appreciated

heres a pic of the existing metal strip sorry its taken in bad lighting and on my phone

Attachments

• DSC00629.JPG
    DSC00629.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 346

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
lol, adam hows it goin.
um well you gota pull it of then scrape the **** of...i did it to mine.
onli do it if ur prepared 2 spend like 4-5hours scrapin black **** of from underneath... msg me if u want help

Blakie

Reaction score
Members Ride
94' VR Exec
oh sweet mines awesome cos its cracked itll come off easy :D, oi did u take the bumper ones off!? i wana get metal strips instead of the rubber like in the pic theyre metal.. or paint the existing ones... wud prefer metal :p yeh i havnt seen ur car for ages ill have to c it again 1 day lol

ne1 know where to buy the metal strips from :S?

Last edited:

Blakie

Reaction score
Members Ride
94' VR Exec
sounds like no1 knows where to get these strips from im guessing theyre not really common i might just take them off and leave em... or take em off and paint em any1 got pics of a car with strips off?

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
leave em off! they look WAY better... and yes i tried eucalyptus oil and it does sweat F A! i still havnt got all the black **** of myn...aghh the bitchs just dunt want 2 come off. and no i havnt taken my strips of the front n rear bumpers...itd look wierd as.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
metal strips around front and rear bars are calais items, and are not a part you can bang on your current bars. they're a completely different bar.

to get the black **** off, use a caramel wheel. it's a disk about 3" across, made of rubber like material. put it in your drill, and rub the sikaflex off.
it's gaurenteed to get it off, but be careful not to burn your paint - just don't hold it in the one spot for too long. no idea where to get one from though, but they're pretty expensive, so maybe your best bet to talk to a paint shop

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
i got my caramel wheel from an auto paint supplier, cost like $15 for 2:)
best thing ever to get that sikaflex sh!t off if u have 2pac paint, not arcylic tho...

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
Heres some pics, excuse the stocky wheels n ride height:p:

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

Last edited:

Torquen