Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Miss Firing!!!

hold-on

Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongraphics.co.nz
Members Ride
2005 SV6
I have a company van so my poor vs only gets taken out once a fortnight!!!Today I went for a spin about 10 mins or so I did a few skids once car had fulling warmed up, thermostat open etc.....The all of a sudden I wne t to accerate and my car starting missing, it was fine low rpms but if i took it to 3000-4000rpm it starting missing with power coming in and out!!!! I pulled over and just gave it some revs still missing....so I turned it off and did diagnostics, code 12 so apparently all was okay. I then turned the key for 30secs before starting to reset the ecu and then the car stopped missing and drove perfectly, could someone explain what the cause probably was, my guess a bit of **** in the injectors that eventially blew out, am I wrong???? do i need to do plugs and leads or something?????
help appreciated!!!!!

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
that's really weird, it almost sounds like it's flooding...

hold-on

Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongraphics.co.nz
Members Ride
2005 SV6
a friend suggested condensation on in the dizzy, this would explain why car was fine for first ten-fifteen minutes then started missing, and then came right????

adam_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU manual
i dont think a misfire brings up any dignostic trouble codes anyways.

maybe check your connections of the leads, you said you did a few skids, so maybe you have one thats just sitting on and it was knocked off then fell back on

conf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Howdy,

Had a very similar problem a couple of weeks back. Tested the leads and found lead 3 was 'dead'. Tested the plugs, found plug 4 was 'dead'. Replaced the whole lot same issue. Turned out to be the coil pack.

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
mate i would try the leads...i had a similar problem in an older holden and it was a faulty lead.

hold-on

Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongraphics.co.nz
Members Ride
2005 SV6
Yeah I am thinking Leads!! I will replace leads and plugs, hopefully be a brand new car after that....I did re push leads on as well when it came right

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
You can check them with a multimeter before you buy a new set. They may have just been sitting loose. I found I had to squash the connectors slightly out of shape to make a tight fit.

markandsam

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl & vr commodore
maybe a silly Q's , but how do you reset the ecu?. i got same prob. was told its my coil pack. seems to skip when travelling around 80km's.