Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getting key cut

crainy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
hey guys need some help

i snapped my vs key around a month ago and am now going to do something about getting it replaced just incase. i bought a blank key from holden any ideas where i can get it cut and costs. holden wanted 120 for whole key with remote + programing costs. just need to find a locksmith in sydney who does vs keys. what details will he need

cheers and thanks in advance michael

kirkson

Captain
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr v6 exec duel fuel
Hi dude, I had the same issue a while back, all I did was unscrew the key from the head and Mr. Minute cut a new one for me $3.50 regards Kirk

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
If you just want the key cut any locksmith should be able to do it (any decent sized business anyway). Only costs about $20 i think. If you need it programmed (if the key head is only a blank) then you might be stuck. Some locksmiths do it, not many tho. Holden is the place to get it done. Your not going to find it much cheaper anywhere else.

crainy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
i bought just key blade from holden not remote. just need the key to be cut. still try mr minute???
cheers

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
yeh just get it cut at any key place. only time to stay at holden with this is when u have to get the remote programmed which i will have to do soon. :(!!
my key is fine but the remote isnt so im gonna have to get a new one

J

JTW008

Best bet would've been to get it all done at once. I went to a local locksmith -
$90 for a two button key. Included a holden brand key, cut and programmed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
man thats cool
i thought u could only get it done by holden