Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airpods

el-guanaco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Supercharged
Is it worth buying a $100 airpod? Will it make a difference to ur engine acceleration thus giving you more horsepower? or is it just a bunch of LIES?

crainy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
mate ur better off getting a cai from holden much better than a pod

Blakie

Reaction score
Members Ride
94' VR Exec
mmm im a bit bad at the whole car business.. what is a cai and how much is it? :p mines all stock... worth getting?

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
cai is a cold air intake its about 40-70 bucks. lets more cold air into the box.
and neither pods or cai's will make a noticable difference in the acceleration or anything.

J

JTW008

Just got a k&n replacement panel filter for my vs. Not a huge difference in acceleration, but noticable, and more responsive.

Can anyone tell me what sort of performance difference there is between holden or aftermarket cai?

Cheers

Blakie

Reaction score
Members Ride
94' VR Exec
whats the point in having one if it makes no difference.. or no noticable difference?

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
cai allows more cold air into the engine therefor lower temp and better running engine. while a pod lets more air into the engine but it is usually hot air. i have a cai because i wanted to try make it as cold as possible and IMO i think CAI's are better. but others will argue that Pods are better

Blakie

Reaction score
Members Ride
94' VR Exec
fair enough, i think ill leave it as stock for now my cars done 230 000 ks i dno how much longer it will last to be honest... mech said it was a bargain and is in good condition but with that many k's u never know..

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
yeh i've seen a vr with 270,000 and it was like it was brand new by looking at it but once u see the ODO you'd pass out lol

Blakie

Reaction score
Members Ride
94' VR Exec
haha yeah it worries me when modding at all... sports exhaust was ok for me since my exhaust of the other muffler was rusted on the tip and had holes in it.. nasty to look at... nasty to hear... now it sounds like a beast, love the idling sound! :p but really i was just wondering.. i know it depends on how the car is treated but is 230000 k's likely to die on me if its been treated well? ive had the steering rack, water pump and gasket rocker covers replaced