Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what springs??

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
hi.im still looking to lower my vs s pac,i currently have vz ss 17'' wheels on,i want to go low as comfortably legal as i can. i read the legal height is 120 unloaded and 100 loaded. i also have read about ultra lows and super lows..which springs should i be buying? cheers to anyone that replies!!:hit:

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
there is no minimum unloaded height in QLD, and I've not heard of it for other states. only heard of minimum fully loaded height (full tank and rear seat wit 3 adults) I would suggest king superlow front and ultralow rear, but you may carry more people than me

slappa.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
would a vs wagon sit more even with lows at front superlows at rear. i want to try keep it legal (nsw)

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
dunno. I've got superlow front and rear and the back sits up a bit (sedan) but it levels out when I boot the firewall... :D

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
cheers for the reply,i wouldnt have known to go lower on the rear. also mate going down to this height i would bo guessing to change my insurance over to ''just car insurance'' ??

KILLERVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Only thing with Ultralows in rear, superlows front is when you have a full carload it sags bigtime and basically scrapes on ants. I've gone the superlows allround and just going to keep a full tank of petrol all the time, plus a subbie and amp later should see it sitting a bit lower.

Then again if this sort of thing is not an issue and you're after just looks ultralow rears would be a far better option.

Hope that helps a bit

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
killervs are you able to attach pics of your car,i would like to see how it sits on superlows.i dont want to be draggin along the road like a set of snakes balls!! cheers

VL Soldier

The rims maketh the ride!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'87 VL Exec & '95 VS Berlina
Take a look at mine mate! Just got the rears lowered a few months back and yes, when you have supers all-round it sits higher in the rear. If you are going to go ultras in the rear it will most likely put your car lower than the legal limit as mine sits at about 110mm unloaded (with 2.5" pipe).

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
vl soldier thanks for the pics,looks nice and was very helpflul,if you dont mind how much was it to lower your car?? cheers mate