Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fixing grazed rims

R

rickyray

Hey guys
Recently i grazed one of my rims on a gutter and just seeing if theres something you can buy or somewhere you can go to fix them up. They are a matt silver 19inch 5 spoke AMG.
Thanks

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
03 VYII Clubby M6, 92 Barina With Sunroof :)
rickyray said:
Hey guys
Recently i grazed one of my rims on a gutter and just seeing if theres something you can buy or somewhere you can go to fix them up. They are a matt silver 19inch 5 spoke AMG.
Thanks

i see you are in thornbury, my mate took his rims to a place in coburg or sumthin he said the done a good job, dont know the name of it though, i need to get my rims fixed as the previous owner parked against a gutter:eek:

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
My mate has gutter rash on both left 18" rims, I reckon it would look ok polished,any ideas on where to get them polished in Melb?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
As CHANDLC says, best to go to a tyre shop. I enquired once. They said they send my wheel away to Surfers (i live in bris) because there is a guy there that does it. I was asking about a slight scratch on my rims, they said it was like $100 standard, but said mags come back looking brand new. He reakons some mags come in with chunks missing - get them back and you would never know.

GROWLZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV Clubsport
All they do is weld it back up and re machine it..Mine cost me round $50 to fix.
Just be careful, some tyre shops say they can fix it but what they actually do is send it to another shop and let them fix it, but they charge you double the price..