Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Filter on Vr Ute

FREESTYLE_MX

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Ute
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knew where the Fuel Filter is positioned on a VR ute Series 2?

Cheers Ash

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
i would say its just near the drivers side wheel directly under the fuel filler underneath the car thats where myne is mynes a series I vs ute

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
If ya can find the tank, and the fuel pipes, good bet your very close.

Generally should be metal and gold in colour and usually covered in dirt and crap, a quick wash underneath should show it up NP.

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
could it be under that cover at the front of the tray? there is a cover there isnt' there? and the fuel tank is under that? just guessing, but guesses never hurt.

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
cant remember where it is on the ute but the best way to find it is to follow the pipes from the tank and u'll find it.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
the fuel tank is under the cover in the tray, but as i said in my earlier post the filter is located underneath the car around the same area and very easy to see and to access compared to the fuel filter in the sedan

FREESTYLE_MX

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Ute
Hey thanks, I will check it out. Do you guys reckon it will make the car go better? Acceleration at the moment, is a bit gutless, could this help that probably?

Cheers Ash

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
it depends on how dirty it is i guess ive changed the fuel filters on all my cars on a regular basis the only difference ive had is when i changed the filter on my vn i poured the fuel out and it was all gritty also i had to change the one on the ute because it was leaking, try give your throttle body a cleanout that made a big difference on my vt when it was clogged also make sure your air filter is pretty new if you use the disposable ones

FREESTYLE_MX

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Ute
I cleaned my throttle body about a week ago, along with my air filter. Changing the fuel filter, should make a change, hasn`t been changed since I have owned the car ( 3yrs ).

cheers Ash