Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ratteling

K

kim_08

Hi everyone, ive had this problem for a while. i find when i go over any speed humps or any ditches in the road my front springs or shocks make this hell ratteling noise are my shocks screwed or what??? when i got my car lowered i got new springs and shocks all round. dunno whats going on!! please help!!

jdjones

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs11 clubby 185i
kim_08 said:
Hi everyone, ive had this problem for a while. i find when i go over any speed humps or any ditches in the road my front springs or shocks make this hell ratteling noise are my shocks screwed or what??? when i got my car lowered i got new springs and shocks all round. dunno whats going on!! please help!!
i dunno but i got the same problem ive checked it out a hundred times and cant find it my dad has too and he does suspension 4 a living and even he cant find the problem WTF

joesvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Wagon
is it more of a steel on steel grinding noise??? i had a niose when i was going over speed humps and bumps, turned out that the sway bar links were rooted. (little rods that connect on to the sway bar). the factory ones are fairly thin i have heard of these bending as well.
have a look to see if the washes are worn though or if there is any rubber left on it. to get them done you would be looking at under $100. alot cheaper if you get your old man to do it!!!

K

kim_08

the noise only comes from the front it sounds more like i rattle actually it has to be something with the fron suspension maybe i should take it to a suspension place and get it checked out

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
two possibilities i can think of, one being that you didnt use short travel shocks and that the springs arent captured (long shot that it would make an audible noise)...
the second more likely possibility is what joesvs said...your sway bar link pin bushes have popped out, this would create the sound your talkin about, in the area your hearing it, under the conditions (speed humps, pot holes,etc.).
when you lower a car you put different forces on parts of the suspension, so weak and worn bushes will go soon after lowering from the new stresses put upon them.

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
yea i'd say it would either be your sway bar pins or the bushes are worn like all hell.