Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Changing seats plz

P

PortDogg

Hey guys ive been wantin 2 get some new seats in my car 4 awhile but im not sure how 2 do it could i plz get some help with this and a price if ne1 knos i want some vr calias in me car at da moment unnless sum1 else can suggest some better 1's but they have 2 b leather seats

ur help is would b great and ive got a vr 94 btw

90VN55

Reaction score
Members Ride
90 VN SS 5speed, '90 VN Calais 5speed
try the vr-vs section maybe someone in there will no

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
I think that post needs to go in the JC Spelling & Grammar thread!! Got a headache trying to decode it.

PortDogg, go visit the wreckers. You can bolt in any VR or VS seats straight into your car. Just remember that probably all of the electric seats will be leather, so just find manual leather seats. You can unbolt the seat from the base but the loctite can be really difficult to dislodge. To remove your existing seat: move the seat all the way forward, unscrew the each of the exposed boltheads in the rails using an Allen key, then move the seat all the way to the rear and remove the each of the bolts at the front. Installation is just the reversal of this procedure.

Alternatively you you can get quotes from an auto upholsterer to have your seats re-bolstered and re-upholstered in leather. Won't be cheap though.

Hopefully a mod can move this thread to the right section.

Mark.