Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

don't you hate cars on lp gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
hey, you gotta hate cars on lp gas, and do you think it's really worth it? do you really save that much on fuel, and is it worth the loss of power and the damage it does to the engine? and besides they're so dangerous, that stuff blows up easily. you usually see cars on gas that are in really bad condition, and they sound crap too. do you really save that much, is it really worth it?
Peter.

Last edited:

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Mate, u obviously haven't done your homework very well. . . . .
But then ignorence is bliss I guess. . . . .

As far as Im concerned it most definitly worth it! With prices atm Im saving almost 50 bucks a fill. I've has it for a month n a half and have saved 350 bucks already!
As for power loss, not even noticable. And its actually better for the engine than petrol is. As its a dry fuel which won't wash oil from the cylinder walls and contaminate the oil as much. Therefore resulting in loner engine life.

Have a look at my car, it aint in bad condition. And it dont sound any different on petty than on gas.

Find out all the facts b4 u bag something out mate.
Otherwise you'll look like a tool. . . . . . .

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
well that's nice... but it doesn't change anything i still hate cars on gas... come on where's an opinion from someone whose car ISN'T on gas... and by the way it isn't better for the engine than petrol

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Again, u haven't done you homework.
If u mean the valves yes it can wear them out, but that is easily rectified.
Please enlighten me as to y u hate cars on gas, and how it is bad for the engine?

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
oh and another thing i feel like having a bag at... i think people who drive under the speed limit are the worse cause of road rage. we have alot of victorian plated cars up here and most of them are hire cars, because rego is much cheaper in victoria. so therefore, you find alot of tourists driving them... another thing that causes people to drive slow, is when they wear a hat. and another thing that's really dangerous... volvo's. so when you see a volvo driver wearing a hat with victorian rego, GET OUT OF THE ROAD.

greatone

vuss
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
Just like to add that cars being on gas is better for the engine, and u dont notice any power loss in a v8 not sure about v6s and ****, and im not just sayin it coz my car is on gas because its not.

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
oh and by the way... you said you're saving yourself $50 a fill... so it's costing you a whole $20 to fill the car when it costs me $70 to fill mine (i don't think so). gas is still very dangerous, and it can blow up easily.

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
and if that's the case, why isn't every car on f***ing gas

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
u do the math 61l of gas at 50.9c/l compared to 61l of petrol at 1.359/l
its costing me bout 30ish to fill up.
And when gas is in liquid form ie in the tank, only becomes gas in the engine bay, it safe as. No different to having 70l of flammable petrol in your car. . . .

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
oh well last time i checked gas was about 69c/L which would have been about a month ago... and so like i said before if there's nothing wrong with it... why isn't every car on gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.