Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Statesman Dash n Centre Console into Calais

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
Can someone tell me if its possible to put a statesman centre console and dash in a calais? Reason i wanna do it , is becausei want all the woodgrain, n does any1 no if there are any complications with it and if ppl have pics of this centre dash that would be great. Thanks

Jamie

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
thanks for the pics mate.yeh id love to put the series 2 one in , but cant seem to find any wreckers in sydney with any in stock, mine is just black and scratched badly, thats why i wantd to up grade it to woodgrain one, either i was gonna do that , or send in to burg design to get the stick on woodgrain, which looks really good too. Reason why i suggested the stateman one is that it has more woodgrain on the top of stereo, which looks really good IMO,

If i had the choice i woulda bought a series 2 calais instead of my series one , onli that mine was real cheap. I love how the series 2 can have full leather seats, all the extra woodgrain, std 16in alloys and fog lights. But im really happy with mine anyways, alot better than the vp exec i had.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Lol yeah gotta beat the exec.

S2 is pretty nice.. only have the part leather in mine though :( I think the stereo surround is a separate part so perhaps it would be easier to find one of those and just rip the surround out? (ie, damaged dash, but pinch the surround).

Other thought i just had.... stato (not sure which series) and s2 calais have passenger airbag.. may be complications depending how much you were planning on swapping out.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
yeh im a sucker for luxery, i was very luky to find myself a calais as i was expecting to find onli an exec/acclaim around the 5k mark. Only thing that piss me off is that calais is supposd to be top of range yet it has no cup holders! also disapointed that it dosnt have leather gear knob, but im getting a senator one ordered from holden 70buks:D

i got passenger airbag too , so should be the same, yeh im looking for both the stereo surround and the bit round the gearshift. geuss i just have to keep asking and looking, still wanna no bout the stato one but, i rekon it would look good

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
lol yeah i did the shifter on my old vs too... now have a spare one :p since it was already fitted to the s2... hehe. Might swap them since my new one is less worn.

If you can find a VSII/III Stato centre console, grab the whole thing as the console lid actually has hidden cupholders, little bit of work to mod the box to get them working, but they are there!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
i think it was only the series 3 console that has the woodgrain parts anf the hidden cupholders. definately recommend putting it in your calais. they did an article on how to install it in SC magazine a few months ago

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
ohh mad, ill have to look out for a s3 stato one then,ahhk i new i saw it sumwhere where they installed into commodore, might have to look back threw my issues and c if i have it, thanks for the info stocky:thumbsup:

if any1 knows anywhere in syd i might be able to get from please tell me, i no comm-wrek might have it, ill give em a call later.

Thanks
Jamie

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
It's been scanned and posted on here somewhere too... search is your friend :) lol

GL with it all, sounds like you'll have a pretty schmick interior when it's done.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
yeh allready did the search, reason why i posted a thread up,

thanks mate, my interior is getting cleaned it up heaps, so far ive conditioned the leather so its softened up to like new(except the few cracks) and put Blue leds in my interior lights, all i want to do is get the steering wheel leather re -done as its all faded and get the extra woodgrain, wanna keep it simple but classy.