Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Temperature gauage fault

willy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
I have a vs commodore utem and it semms to take 10-15mins to get a to a quater on the temp gauge also it seems to sit on that quater if i am in traffic it will go up half way when i take of it goes down to a quater again, it always seems to jump up and down and never sit on half way at normal operating temp. i have changed the thermostat. any other suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Sounds normal to me. The thermo fans cutting in and out cause the temp to rise and fall. If you put the aircon on 1 the thermos should stay on and the temp should stay low.

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
sounds normal

the thermos wont cut in until 3/4

Alan Shore

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 ED XR6 Manual
My VR has a similar problem. Takes a long time to move up in temp...and in traffic it will sit at halfway...whereas on the freeway it will sit just above cold. I've been told its just a Commodore thing...seems to run fine though so I haven't bothered with it...

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
There's nothing wrong with that... think about it..

Sitting in traffic you aren't moving.. it's sitting there in the hot air because there's no movement... it just keeps running around warming everything up... fans kick in..

On the freeway it's got a nice cool 100kmh breeze running through the bay to keep it cool... hence the thermo drops.

WiLo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
you may say its normal, but why doesnt it happen on my dads VY, or the previosu VT?
the thermostat should maintain temperature at a pretty constant level, but you said youve changed your thermostat already so im not sure what the prblem would be, but if you find out let me know because my VS does the same. maybe the cooling system is too efficient or porrly designed

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
haloeight said:
sounds normal

the thermos wont cut in until 3/4

The thermos are 2 speed, sound like the first stage is not working.
check the relays.