Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Excessive fuel use

willy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
my car seemed to be using a lot of fuel and not much power,and when i put my foot down it would take a bit to respond (like the fuel line was pinched), i changed the injectors, cleaned the lines,did a service and checked the computer it said AIR FUEL FLOW CODE. i also noticed the my air cleaner box had no air intake tube to the front of the car so i got one and put it on, now my car seems to runs better (put your foot down and it reacts quicker, more power. could th air intake tube really what the problem be.

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
i guess maybe it could because there is no direct stream of air into the box but without it you'd assume air would still get in. just get a cai n never see the problem again lol.
Maybe try cleaning the throttlebody also

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Air intake is just one of the hundreds of possiblities for a bad economy. Have a search as we have talked about fuel economy a bit. We have mentioned typical results for our cars and things to try to improve fuel economy. The 3 main aspects influencing fuel economy - fuel, air and electrical (sensors, spark plugs etc). And there are hundreds of different parts for each. If any of them have a problem you will experience bad economy. Even putting new oil in and a new oil filter will improve economy.

willy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
I have found a code 76 which reads air/fuel left right banks

so it looks like its the oxygen sensors.

i hope