Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stroker kits

hotvrv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S
hi guys, just wondering whether anyone has any information about VR/Buick V6 stroker kits.

STROKEDVR6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 EXEC
yep sure do !! your up for around $10,000. no one will fit the stroker kit without a full rebuild on an older motor so all up thats what your looking at.... you can check out www.comeracing.com or if your in w.a. try www.kec.com.au & go through the engine list !!

hotvrv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S
where did you get your stroker kit from mate.?

STROKEDVR6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 EXEC
i got the motor rebuilt at kostecki engine center here in perth. i went with the vr v6 stroker stage 3 engine !! it now has around 200rwhp or 150rwkw basically the same at the tyres as a stock vr v6 has at the motor...

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
i realise this doesnt quite apply to the particular question, but im currently getting my ecotec stroked with a C.O.M.E racing built stroker short motor and re-using my heads (overhauled).
all up ill be paying around $7k-$7.5k for everthing...short motor, freight, parts and labour.

hotvrv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S
well i just rebuilt my engine, with ACL race pistons, stage 3 crow cams kit, yella terra roller rockers, injectors, rip shift and planning soon to a minispool diff with 3.9 diff ratio. so planning to get dyno tested soon.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
according to the dyno figures from C.O.M.E, their stroker should make at least 200-220kw (200 being the milder cam option) and 380Nm ...this is with un-ported heads, standard t/b and standard maf.....re-tuning with a gen lll maf and ported throttle body would unleash some nice power though.
you can also get their forced induction stroker which will easily cope with either super or turbo charging.(costs a fair bit more for this one)