Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr odometer

callum87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive series 2
hey
i have a vr executive. and my odometer has stoped goin round. my speedo still works and all the fuses are good. wat could be goin on

5 speed VR

Green Machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 Exc 5 spd
Mine recently stopped. I think it has something to do with the gears inside. You need to get it fixed by someone who fixes them.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
it's a common problem in all analouge odo's
forget about it or replace gears/dash

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
mine did that a while back. if the speedo still works then it's just the odo gear inside the cluster. round $45 to fix from holden, or buy a kit and DIY

commvr93

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore VR V6 Jan/1994
Speed signal and odometer not working

I have a Toyota Lexcen Jan/1994 which is a commodore VR V6 3800 Automatic Gear.

My problem started when the odometer was not working. So I took out the instrument cluster to have a look at it. I could not find anything wrong with it. I thought that it could be bad connections between the back of the instrument cluster and the 3 wiring square connectors where it goes into it. I cleaned all the connectors on both sides and tensioned them up a bit. That did not solve the problem. On the contrary I lost the speed signal and the tachometer. I did not disconnect the negative from the battery and I accidentally left the ignition key sitting in the lock in the totally off position. I thought maybe I damaged the cluster. So I bought a second hand one from a wrecker dealer and installed it.

The fuel,temperature and tachometer guages are working. The speed signal and the odometer are still not working.

I noticed, when I am driving, a repeating clicking sound is coming out of the Body Control Module. When I stop driving, the clicking sound stops. Is a relation between the BCM and the instrument cluster?

I had a look at the speed sensor on the automatic gear. There was a bit of oil leaking. I sprayed it with a degreaser and cleaned both terminals. I still have the problem.

Can anyone help?