Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Leaking Coolant

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
Ok just another fault that i have with this car. Lately there has been a small puddle of nice green coolant on the ground on the passenger side of the car, sort of under the firewall..... Had the system pressure tested, even with the heater tap open, but all was fine....???? Had lost a little fluid from the over flow tank. The guys at the radiator shop couldnt think of wat it could be..... I just replaced the thermostat, as they noticed was leaking a little around the gasket.

Any 1 else ever seen coolant leaking on the pass side of there car??
I cant spot a leak any where and the pressure test picked nothing up either???:hit:

evo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series II s 97 manual
just keep topping the coolant up with water to make sure it doesnt over heat over time it will become worse and more visable where the problem is it must not be a huge leak if the pressure test didnt put it up hope that will help

ef_classic

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF S2 classic
Could it be the heater core hose? Were they connect?

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
Im thinking maybe heater core as well. The lines are all good, so im thinking maybe the core itself or where it joins onto it? Strange that the pressure test didnt pick anything up?