Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A few VR questions

ozzie_online88

I'm No Superman...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Exec
1. I want to change the glove box light to a blue one, but I have no idea how to remove the cover over the light

2. Something quite silly, but my little green light by the ignition doesn’t work and again I don’t know how to get to the bulb.

3. I have seen a few cars with these, red/blue front lights, they don’t light up the road but just light up the lights on the car and look pretty sick. Anyone know what these are called? And how hard it would be to install?

4. The switch on the right of the dash to turn your head lights, is that meant to light up because I’m not even sure if there’s a blub in there?

If anyone can help me with any of these questions, it would be great :)

Thanks, Rhys

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
1- get a flat bladed screw driver and slowly/gently lever out
2- unscrew the covers underneath the steering coloum and take coloumn off (by the way the bulb is not green, the plastic cover is :))
3- those lights are illegal as far as i know (and they just replace the parkers light bulbs dont they?)
4- not on a vr/vs (i think vt's may have)

Last edited:

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
fitzy2005 said:
2- unscrew the covers underneath the steering coloum and take coloumn off (by the way the bulb is not green, the plastic cover is :))
unneeded extra effort. the cover (green bit) should just slide out with help from a flat blade screwdriver - mine pulls out just with fingers

ozzie_online88

I'm No Superman...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Exec
yea, ive just done 1 and 2. And i didnt realise no you could just pull it out until i unscrewed the cover off :bang: ahh well, least its done now.

I thought the front lights might be illigal, but still for "curiosity", does anyone know what these are and how hard it would be to install?

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
nah sorry, don't know the ones you're talking about, unless you're talking about those stoopid kits from jaycar

EGG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
You can get green versions of that glovebox light cover from holden, I'm not sure how well a blue bulb would work behind the clear lens, or if there's somewhere you can get blue ones.

Green is part number 92038577, they're about $1.60 althought the last time I checked at amcap/coventrys they didn't have them in stock.

Blue ones would be awesome, but buggered if I know where to get them.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
simply get a clear globe for the glovebox and find something to put a colour on it? [ permanent marker or paint? ]

and thinking about it i dont think my S1 vs lights up the headlight switch either.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
You can buy little coloured silicon sleaves which go over standard interior globes to change the colour of the light... my Calais has them standard in green.... any Auto Parts Shop will sell them.

W

Wolves

um are you talking about the window washers where the water shoots out? if so you can buy them from many car stores like repco/autobarn places like that, taking out the stock squirters you replace them with ones that have lights on them you just swap them around it can be a hassel if you hav'nt done it before but it's no that hard and will cost around $15- $20.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
3) is achieved with different couloured parkers, but its illegal to have them in red or blue