Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Putting Electric windows in VS Executive???

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
Hi Guys...how you all doing...?

I have just been thinking about a few things and I wondering if it is possible to put Electric Windows into my VS Executive...? I'm sure it is so I wanted to ask you guys a few questions...What would I need...? I can think of Regulators & Motors, switches etc...is there anything else i need...? Do I have to modify my loom...? If so does anyone know how to do this or has anyone done this before...? What would be the cost involved in doing this mod...? How hard is it? If its not too hard or expensive...I would be very keen to going ahead with it...any help is much appreaciated...

Cheers, Joe :thumbsup:

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
it will be an easier job if you have the power window wiring. Do you have sruise sontrol or anything else 'extra'??

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
semi said:
it will be an easier job if you have the power window wiring. Do you have sruise sontrol or anything else 'extra'??

no its a standard executive series II...

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
From what I have been told the bcms in some VS's will support power windows...all you need is the wiring loom that goes across the dash ,power window mechanisms ,and switches.
The window wiring loom is part of the main loom in cars with power windows standard so you cant just get that part out of a wreck without buying the whole loom and stripping that part out....if you do it that way you will get the cruise control wiring in the loom too.

brentons_house

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
I got motors for all four and windows and control modules for $200 off ebay and it took me two full days they don't work as fast as factory power windows but I'm working out how to get more power to them at the moment.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
brentons_house said:
I got motors for all four and windows and control modules for $200 off ebay and it took me two full days they don't work as fast as factory power windows but I'm working out how to get more power to them at the moment.
Problem is voltage drop.
I ran a additional large power wire to feed 2 relays in each back door They switch the power to make the windows go up and down directly.The switches operate the relays and the relays operate the actual windows themselves.
The factory circuit goes through the switch in the console and is quite long and some voltage is lost through the contacts of the various switches.
With the relay setup they now go up and down quite quickly compared to before especially when the engine isnt running.

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
if you don't wanna pay much.. you can always get a universal kit. check this thread out http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=33171 they don't look as good, but it depends how much you wanna pay. open the cover under your steering wheel and look up where the bcm is. it should have a label underneath that will tell you whether it's compatable or not. being an executive commodore, it's prolly got LOW, which means you've got a bit of mucking around to do.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers guys thanks for the help...