Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

trip computer

V

vracclaim

I have a VR acclaim, Just wondering if its possible to stick a trip computer from a VR berlina into an Acclaim. Has anyone done it. and how would i go about doing it.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
as infusion has said yes its possible, hardess part is getting the wiring harness for it.. but do a search and itll tell howto do it, and if in trouble ask infusion or markovr, they helped me :)

(damn work is so boring)

Last edited by a moderator:

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Wiring Patch harness

The hardest thing to obtain is the patch harness.

If you can't source a used one from a wreckers, let me know. I can provide a part number for a HSV harness that can be used to make the necessary patch harness, cost less than $100.

V

vracclaim

Thanks for the help guys.

this seems a little bit over my head.

i think that i will leave it for now.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
I have just done this one myself. Its very much a worthwhile mod to do, and of course now I know how to do it, I can make the harness up easily. If you get the parts, I can modify the wiring harness for you if you're in Brisbane, or failing that I can offer help. It's really not difficult at all when you know how :)

You'll need:

1 x Instrument cluster wiring harness from a VR/VS Calais or Stato

1 x Level 3 Instrument Cluster from VR/VS. VN/VP one is similar but wiring is different so you can only use VR/VS one.

1 x Trip computer button module.

I got most of that from my local wreckers for about $200, and for $12 from eBay I got the trip computer buttons. This mod is definitely worth the effort and can be completed in a lazy half a day from start to finish if you know the tricks :)

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
shaggerz said:
I have just done this one myself. Its very much a worthwhile mod to do, and of course now I know how to do it, I can make the harness up easily. If you get the parts, I can modify the wiring harness for you if you're in Brisbane, or failing that I can offer help. It's really not difficult at all when you know how :)

You'll need:

1 x Instrument cluster wiring harness from a VR/VS Calais or Stato

1 x Level 3 Instrument Cluster from VR/VS. VN/VP one is similar but wiring is different so you can only use VR/VS one.

1 x Trip computer button module.

I got most of that from my local wreckers for about $200, and for $12 from eBay I got the trip computer buttons. This mod is definitely worth the effort and can be completed in a lazy half a day from start to finish if you know the tricks :)

I'll like to take you up on your offer if its still available :bow: Where do i start from???:dance:

V

vracclaim

i will also take you up on that offer. i will start to source the parts over the coming weeks.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
OK give me a few days to make up a diagram... markovr gets 100% of the credit for working this out, but it took me a while to understand his diagram so I will make my own up for you.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Cant you read shaggy....no one else complained and plenty of people have used it.
Should I rewrite it in single syllable words for you .
Just Joking