Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Condensation

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
Hey all,

i noticed some condesation at the bottom of my windscreen the other day. i had used the front demister in the morning on my way to work, turned it off (as i always do b4 i turn the car off) and when i got back in the car that afternoon there was condensation on the windscreen. i noticed that mainly on the drivers side but tapering off to the passenger side almost the length of the windscreen and about 1.5 inches high. :unsure:
is this something to be concerned about or just a weather thing coz it was bloody cold in the morning and the sun was out all day?

Thanks in advance...

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
_Mukas_ said:
Hey all,

i noticed some condesation at the bottom of my windscreen the other day. i had used the front demister in the morning on my way to work, turned it off (as i always do b4 i turn the car off) and when i got back in the car that afternoon there was condensation on the windscreen. i noticed that mainly on the drivers side but tapering off to the passenger side almost the length of the windscreen and about 1.5 inches high. :unsure:
is this something to be concerned about or just a weather thing coz it was bloody cold in the morning and the sun was out all day?

Thanks in advance...

Nothing to worry about, just the moisture in the air of your car being heated by the sun which creates condensation on the windscreen.

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
thats what i thought but i thought ide ask anyway, cheers for clearing it up

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
It 'could' be the heater starting to leak coolant which is not uncommon. If you are losing coolant and have a sickly smell when the heater is on then it could be that. Keep your fingers crossed and Good Luck.