Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Smoother ride ?

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Hey guys
Does anyone know of any way to get a smoother less bumpy ride out of a stock commodore.
Is there springs or shocks which will improve the ride comfort while maintaining decent handeling.
Cheers

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
have u checked to see if ur shocks are in good condition? you can get comfort gas shockies but i dount ull get much smoother then already is, (try lowering your car and u'll feel bumpy :))

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
There's nothing really wrong with the ride its smooth but i was just curious as to whether i could make it smoother thatn it already is.
I love that feeling in a new car that feels like your floating obvioulsy never going to get antything like that but it would be nice to get somewhere near that.
But i might be getting it lowered soon anyway, im not too worried bout it being bumpy then though as long as it handles well.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
yea best bet is find out wot u wont in the long run and talk to a suspension place, i tend to liek pedders, others dont coz it costs to much.. but itll be a waste making it smoother if a year down the track your gonna lower it :eek:

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Unfortunately there is a trade off when you are after comfort or handling, you generally cant get both. As fitzy said a different set of shocks can take the harshness out of the bumps but harder springs are what helps in the handling department.

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Yeah i know about the trade off but i dont think it is possible to get the type of comfort i am after anyway, and if i did it would probably wear off after a while like all new cars.
I think i might just lower it i saw king spring superlows front and rears with shortened rear shocks for 315 is this a good price ?

P

Pwr-51

it could also be your tires. i went from 17inch dunlop to 18inch nankang cheapies and the ride is heaps better. And it doesnt seem to follow the road as much either.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
andrewmac said:
There's nothing really wrong with the ride its smooth but i was just curious as to whether i could make it smoother thatn it already is.
I love that feeling in a new car that feels like your floating obvioulsy never going to get antything like that but it would be nice to get somewhere near that.
But i might be getting it lowered soon anyway, im not too worried bout it being bumpy then though as long as it handles well.

Go for set of Munro Sensa-Trac's.Bit expensive but very nice shockers indeed.Most of the guys here sitting only 2" away from the black earth.So they wouldnt know what a comfort means to start with.One day while u driving when you come to a dead halt just b4 the railX and no chu-chu insight,you'll know what i mean :yeah:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Back in the old days when Parramatta Road was one long car salesyard, one of the tricks of trade to reduce the rattles and make the car ride softer was to let some air out of the tyres. Why not try running them at the minimun pressure recommended. High pressures are only really required for highway speeds or with full loads....you may be pleasantly surprised.