Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

check engine light???

Youngblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
my orange check engine light keeps comin on, anyone know what are the causes for this? also someone told me that with my trip computer i can do some funky stuff like elctronis speedo, i worked that one out, check faulty electrical engine components...anyone know about this? thanks

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4

Youngblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
thanks Shaggerz, will check that tomorrow. but do you know about the tricks the trip computer can do? i been told it can do a few things besides the normal stuff.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Depends what your car is. It might be a good idea to fill out that section of your profile so it appears in the top right hand corner of all your posts.

If you have a VN to VS, then if you hold SET (I think?) as you turn the ignition on, you'll get a voltmeter and a few other goodies.

If you have a VT onwards, I have heard that if you hold MODE and DOWN together as you turn the ignition on you get a crapload of fun stuff to play with. Don't quote me on that though as I have a VS.

Youngblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
cool, i'll have a tinker with it and see what happens. thanks mate